The Private Suite LAX, LLC
Last updated: November 3, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with, you. Personal information we collect, depending on your interactions with us, includes:
- Identifiers and Personal Records including first name, last name, alias, title or other identifier (such as job title), marital status, date of birth, gender, passport number, postal address, email address, phone number, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, IP address, signature, and physical characteristics or description.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity including browsing history, search history and information regarding your interaction with our Website and advertisements.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications including color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and other related medical conditions), gender, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, nationality, citizenship, immigration statues, and physical or mental disability.
- Commercial Information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Geolocation such as approximate location.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, or Similar Information including customer service call recordings, security CCTV footage, temperature checks (for public health purposes), and other audio and visual imagery.
- Professional or employment‐related information including job applications, employer, employment and education history, and business contact information.
- Account and Profile Information. If you register an account, you may provide information such as your name, age, date of birth, gender, address, email address, telephone number, and username/password.
- Payment Information. You may provide certain payment information, such as credit card, debit card, account number or other payment method information, as well as billing address information.
- Background Check Information. We may run background checks in relation to our Services before, during or after provision of such Services. Information involved may include reputational and financial checks, conflicts, anti-money laundering, government sanctions checks, and politically exposed persons checks. We may also run background check on job applicants.
- Legal Records and Documentation. We may process information related to your legal records for our protection, protection of our clients and others, as well as to perform our Services. Legal records may include court records, information on pending or completed litigation or other legal actions, and active disputes.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information including inferences drawn from any of the aforementioned categories of personal information to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We, and our vendors, use different methods to collect personal information about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal information such as when you apply for membership; create an account on our Website; make a reservation; request that marketing communications or promotional materials be sent to you; respond to marketing communications or promotions or provide information in response to a survey; apply for a job; or give us feedback or contact us.
- Personal representatives. We may obtain your personal information from personal representatives who act on your behalf, for example travel agents, personal assistants, airlines, credit card relationship managers, family members or other parties through which you may reserve our services. Although we take certain precautions to limit fraudulent or dishonest use of our services, it is your responsibility to ensure that you only provide personal representatives you trust with your personal information and that you give them appropriate authority to provide us with personal information on your behalf.
- Tracking technologies. As you interact with our Website, tracking technologies, such as cookies, collect personal information, such as IP address and interactions with the Website. For more information, see the Tracking Technologies section below.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We obtain personal information various third parties and public sources, such as: analytics providers; advertising networks; search information providers; providers of technical or payment services; data brokers or aggregators, including trade organizations or exhibition organizers; publicly available sources such as the press and social media platforms; and airlines.
We and our vendors may use a variety of tracking technologies (such as cookies, pixels, and beacons) that collect certain information whenever you interact with the Website, such as device identifiers, your IP address, location, other unique identifiers, all the areas within the Website that you visit, how you navigate, and your click/touch, movement, scroll, keystroke activity, and the length and time of the visit.
Types of tracking technologies we may use:
- Functional. These tracking technologies allow us to provide website features to enhance your experience and to assess and address the Website’s performance through measurements analytics (such as which functions of the Website could be updated for performance efficiency). For example, these tracking technologies may allow you to enable certain embedded features. Without these tracking technologies, some or all of these features may not function properly.
- Performance. These tracking technologies enhance the websites performance, such as detecting fraudulent access (including from bots), filtering out bots, improving latency, controlling web traffic, redirecting links or between device formats efficiently, and storing language preferences. Without these tracking technologies, your experience on the Website may be interrupted, slower, inefficient, and certain content or portions of the Website may not render or be accessible.
- Analytics. These tracking technologies allow us to assess how users navigate and interact with our Website, allowing us to measure and improve our services based on consumer interests and tendencies (such as knowing which parts or features of the Website are the most and least popular).
- Advertising. These tracking technologies help us and other parties personalize ads that are shown to you on our Website, as well as on other online services. If enabled, these tracking technologies allow you to receive cross-context and targeted advertising across online services over time. For example, if you show interest in one of our products shown on our Website, you may receive an advertisement for that same product on a different online service.
You may be able to opt-out of certain interest-based advertising using the settings on your browser. In addition, the following services or organizations offer tools:
- For more information on how Google Analytics uses the data it collects, visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners. To opt-out of Google Analytics, visit: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To adjust your Google advertising settings, visit: adssettings.google.com.
- To change your privacy and advertising settings with Facebook, log in to your Facebook account and navigate to your account settings.
- To opt-out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out programs, please visit: youradchoices.com/control and optout.networkadvertising.org.
Please note that we or other parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online websites when you use the Website. Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED
We use and disclose personal information, depending on your interactions with us, to:
- Provide Our Services, including carrying out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us; providing our services to you, your family members, and travel companions; carrying out feedback and research related to our services; notifying you about changes to our services; to register you as a new user or customer; to manage payments, fees, and charges; to prepare for your visit to our premises; and to collect and recover money owed to us.
- Process Job Applications, to the extent that you apply for a job, to conduct interviews and assessments on the eligibility of job applicants.
- Security and Integrity, including protecting our Services from cyber risks; preventing, identifying, investigating, and responding to fraud, illegal or malicious activities, and other liabilities; enforcing our policies and terms; protecting our rights; and generally providing you with a secure experience when using our Services.
- Quality, Safety, and Internal Research, including evaluating how our Services perform; repairing or improving the quality of our Services; tracking and responding to quality and security issues; and developing new or enhanced products and service offerings.
- Advertising and Marketing, including measuring the use of our Services and effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; and uncovering insights to improve our Services and provide our users with enhanced features and functionalities, such as personalized experiences.
Some of you may receive a complimentary membership from us through your relationship with a credit card company. If you receive a membership with us through your credit card company in this manner, then we may disclose personal information with such credit card company in order to try and facilitate a more seamless travel experience for you.
We disclose personal information to affiliates. We also disclose personal information to our vendors, including those who collect, manage, and analyze our customer information and perform services for us, such as sending promotional communications, improving the performance of our Services, performing background checks, and processing payment information.
We may also disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Co-Branded Services. From time to time, we may enter into an arrangement with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with us to provide additional features on the Website. These arrangements may include business partners, sponsors, and co-branded online services (referred to here as “co-branded services”). Any information, including personal information, that you provide on one of these co-branded services may be disclosed to these partners. By participating in activities or providing your information on these co-branded services, you direct us to provide your information to those partners. Separate privacy policies may apply to these partners’ uses of your personal information.
- Business Transactions. In the event of a business transaction, we may disclose personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, investors, or successor entities in connection with a contemplated reorganization or an actual reorganization of our business, in connection with financing, a sale, or other transactions involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction, pursuant to assurances of sufficient data handling practices and safeguards.
We may combine your personal information with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties. We reserve the right to convert, or permit others to convert, your personal information into deidentified, anonymized, or aggregated data, as permitted by law.
SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS, AND PROMOTIONS
As part of the Services, we may use your personal information to send you marketing materials, to conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and to award prizes. We may request additional information to participate in contests and surveys (such as your contact information, photos, personal opinions, preferences, and interests). Participation in these promotions is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose your information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of a promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
We have implemented security measures to try and prevent the personal information we collect from you or your representative from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. Although we implement data security measures to try and protect the personal information we collect from you or your representative, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to us using the Internet or through our Website. Any transmission of personal information to us using the Internet or through our Website is made at your own risk. Accordingly, you and the members of your party agree that we and our directors, officers, members, managers, shareholders, partners, employees, contractors, affiliates, agents and representatives shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from or relating to the transmission of personal information to us by you or your representative using the Internet or through our Website.
It is important for you and the members of your party to protect against unauthorized access to your passwords and to your computers and mobile devices. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer or mobile device and use other reasonable measures to secure your sensitive information.
- Your personal information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your personal information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected;
- Your personal information is reasonably required to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your personal information by applicable laws or regulations.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal information from our systems and records.
Where your personal information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires.
If you have a registered account, you may be able to change your preferences as well as update your personal information through your account settings.
OTHER ONLINE SERVICES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This section provides additional information on our processing of personal information related to California residents.
California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information:
Access to Specific Information: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following about our collection and use of your personal information over the last 12 months:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing for cross-context behavioral advertising
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising
We are not required to provide you with these disclosures more than twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you. Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request to delete your personal information, we will delete such personal information and direct our service providers and contractors to delete your personal information from their records, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. If we receive a verifiable request to correct inaccurate personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information.
- Opt-Out Rights: Outside of the context of using tracking technologies (such as cookies) or certain marketing vendors that provide look-a-like audience marketing services, we do not process personal information for the purposes of selling (for monetary or nonmonetary exchange of benefit) or sharing for cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising.
- To opt out of these purposes via tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) on the Website, click on the ‘Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information’ link at the footer of the Website, which will allow you to access the Cookie Manager Tool. Otherwise, submit your request as per the instructions below under “How to Exercise a California Privacy Right”.
- You may use external-party platforms, technologies, or mechanisms to indicate your cookie opt out preferences, such as a browser or device setting, extension, or signal. Please note that we do not control these external-party tools, and you may need to enable these tools across browsers, devices, or other methods of accessing the Website.
We do not discriminate or retaliate against individuals because they have exercised any of these rights.
A verifiable consumer request can only be made by you, by you on behalf of your minor child, or by a person or entity authorized by you to act on your behalf. In order to ensure we are able to promptly respond to your request, your request should include sufficient information that allows us to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you are an authorized representative of such person (including, for example, your full name, email address, and mailing address) and a detailed description of what you are requesting. If you are using an authorized agent, we may request proof of the authorization in the form of a signed, written authorization of the authorized agent’s ability to act on your behalf.
We will disclose and deliver the personal information required within 45 days of receiving your verifiable consumer request. Should we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will notify you of the extension and the reasons for the delay.
If requests from you are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee to respond to your request or we may refuse to act on the request. If we choose not to act on your request, we will notify you of the reasons behind our decision.
Shine the Light: California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to other parties, including affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those other parties. California residents may make one such request per calendar year. To make a Shine the Light request, you may contact us by email or postal mail using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section. In your request, please state that you are a California resident and provide a current California mailing address for our response.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THOSE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you are located outside of the United States, you acknowledge that we collect, process, and store personal information in the United States, and that the data protection and privacy laws in the United States may not offer the same level of protection than the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. Where we transfer your personal information to an entity outside of your location, we take steps to comply with law in respect of that transfer, for example by ensuring that your personal information is protected by comparable safeguards to those provided under the law of your location.
You may contact us at the following:
The Private Suite LAX, LLC
6871 W Imperial Hwy
Los Angeles, CA 90045
United States of America